Saturday, November 14, 2009

Quit smoking and my teeth hurt?

I quit smoking recently. (I had my last cigarette Friday night). I've been using Nicorette, a piece every few hours as I need it to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Tonight, I noticed that my bottom front teeth and gums HURT! It is similar to the feeling of having braces, when your teeth are moving. It is a sore, terrible feeling. I went for a checkup about a month ago.....My teeth and gums are very healthy (I have not had a cavity in 25 years! WHOO HOO!). Has anyone else dealt with this while smoking? What causes it and what should I do?

Quit smoking and my teeth hurt?
Have never heard of that symptom. But, your body goes through significant changes when you quit smoking. Could be some positive effects on your circulatory system from quitting. Could be nerves maybe. Hard to tell. If your are really concerned, you can see a doctor and put your mind at ease.
Reply:Not trying to be funny or anything but it may be from all that gum chewing... I can't chew gum for too long because my whole jaw starts to hurt, teeth and all... you're gums and teeth are probably sore from all the chewing you've been doing... i think it will get better soon, you're just getting used to it, unless you always chew gum... then i don't know what to tell you lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net